UPDATE: NEW METHOD (Photoshop CC 20.0.5) https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/photoshop-proportional-scale-transform-checkbox/
Photoshop CC 2019 (version 20.0) introduced the proportional scale.
When transforming most layer types (pixel layers, type layers, bitmaps, Placed Smart Objects), you can scale proportionally without using the shift key like in previous versions of Photoshop.
In Photoshop CC 2019 when holding down the Shift key while dragging a corner handle during transformation now scales non-proportionally.
However, shapes and paths (that is vectors) scale non-proportionally by default when you drag a corner handle during transformations.
To revert to the legacy transform behavior in Photoshop CC 2019, do the following:
- Close Photoshop
Press Ctrl Q (Mac: Command Q) to close Photoshop.
- Open Notepad (Windows) or a text editor on Mac OS
Create a plain text file.
- Type the text below in the text file:
- Save the file as “PSUserConfig.txt” to your Photoshop settings folder
Windows: [Installation Drive]:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\
macOS: See below.
- Open Photoshop
Once photoshop opens again the Transformation will be legacy.
(macOS) Do the following:
- Save the file as “PSUserConfig.txt” to the desktop.
- Control-click PSUserConfig.txt saved at the desktop and choose Copy from the pop-up menu.
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.
- In the Go To Folder dialog box, type ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/
- Paste the copied file at this location.
- Restart Photoshop
To see all the updates and new features of the new release, check out our Photoshop CC 2019 tutorials.