In this Photoshop tutorial, you will learn how to mask hair from complicated backgrounds.
We will start with a quick crash course on layer masks and the select and mask workspace.
Then we will use an image with a solid background to learn the basics. Then we will work on a photo with a busy background, and you will learn the things that you can do when masking with a photo like this.
You will also learn how to create brushes in Photoshop to help you recreate hair when you simply cannot extract it from its background.
In this tutorial, you will learn
- How Layer Masks Masks Work
- Select and Mask Overview
- Remove Person From Background (Solid Background)
- Remove Person From Busy Background
- Paint Strands of Hair
- Painting With Hair Brushes
- How To Make Hair Brushes in Photoshop
- Final Image Breakdown
- Camera Raw – Add Grain and Sharpen
Download Brush: 147-ptc-hair-brushes.zip (9464 downloads)